What is Acroyoga?
Acroyoga is a combination of three disciplines; yoga, therapeutic massage and acrobatics. By means of this technique, which is carried out in pairs, threes or as a group, you can build confidence and strength, empathy and many other physical, psychological and emotional attributes.
Who can practice Acroyoga?
Acroyoga was conceived so that anyone can practice the technique. Acroyoga is about community, relationships and companionship. The mutual support we offer each other enables us to achieve what we cannot achieve alone, or even dare to try.
Through a simple and systematic application of the technique, acroyoga grants anyone who so wishes an entry to the sphere of acrobatics, without the prerequisite of certain physical conditions.
The following are some of the benefits that the praxis of Acroyoga entails:
- Development of multiple physical attributes: strength, flexibility, correct alignment and coordination.
- Development of postural awareness and respiration; effected through the enactment of postures and flows, which coordinate movement and breathing and require special attention to the execution of postures and the mind-body paradigm.
- Therapeutic properties; stemming from foundational stretches and massaging performed on the person suspended in the air and in contact with specified parts of the body.
- Self-confidence and trust in others.
- Community promotion through empathic links and binding friendships on the basis of sharing a new and challenging practice.
- Artistic and creative development, in which everyone can create and explore new and distinct positions and flows through the connection with peers.
- Fun, freedom, joy and self-expression.
Push yourself a little further each time and build towards the big objectives.
And if you’re gain, at CEM COLOM we offer Acroyoga classes every Tuesday and Wednesday from 19.30 to 21.00. It isn’t necessary to come with a companion, or have previous experience. You only to bring your desire to learn and have a good time!
Sign up at reception, places are limited!
We’re expecting you!