10 pieces of advice for achieving a flat stomach.
Everyone would like to have a flat stomach, but sometimes it seems like an impossible goal. As human beings, we accumulate fats in different parts of our body depending on our sex and genetic makeup. These fats have specific body functions, and are therefore necessary, but an excess build up can be harmful to our health and is, moreover, unaesthetic.
One of the store houses of fats in our body is the abdomen, and today we would like to offer 10 pieces of advice for achieving a flat stomach, the results of which, with a little effort and commitment, will be visible within a short time.
- Control your diet: You will have been told this many times, but if you don’t control your food intake it will be difficult to metabolise accumulated fats, even if you don’t continue to store them. Maintain a balanced diet, rich in vegetables and low-fat products.
- Eat less, more frequently: Try to ingest small and balanced meals, but with greater frequency. At least 5 times a day, the ideal would be to eat every two and a half or three hours.
- Reduce fats and carbohydrates: It is important from now on to reduce the amount of products rich in fats and carbohydrates you ingest. Remember to maintain a balanced diet, and above all to reduce as much as possible your intake of carbohydrates after 14.00.
- Regulate blood sugar: The more sugar in the form of glucose in the blood, the more insulin we secrete. Insulin does the hard work of facilitating the absorption of carbohydrates. The problem is that when we have more sugar in the form of glucose in our blood than we need for our energy requirements our body converts it into fats which are easier to store. We recommend the intake of protein at around 16.00 or 17.00 at supper time, and also at dinner. This will keep blood sugar and insulin levels under control.
- Do physical exercise: As important as diet, and which you have also been told a thousand times, but either you get off the couch at home, or it will be difficult to achieve a flat stomach.
- Diet control, cardio training, strength and abdominals: Follow this piece of advice, do not overdo your abdominal exercises, firstly eat well, do stamina training to help you to burn fat, work on your strength to improve your metabolism, and lastly do your abdominal exercises.
- Circuit training for strength and stamina: This means that the time you spend training must be intensive, with short recovery times, combining exercises for strength that work various muscle groups at the same time, with exercises that raise your pulse rate and work your heart.
- Do hypopressive abdominal exercises: Use this way of working out your abdominal muscles along with your normal training routine. Hypopressive ab exercises greatly strengthen your abdominal region and pelvic floor. With training and this type of exercise fat burning is guaranteed.
- Drink water: This is essential, together with your dietary changes, drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
- Be active, on the move, and take care of yourself: This is the principle piece of advice, encapsulating the other 9 we have provided. Maintain an active lifestyle, work out at least 3 times a week, control what you eat, exercise your whole body and don’t fixate only on your abdominals, ingest low-fat foods, control your carbohydrates and show off your flat stomach.